Monday, August 22, 2011

Accountability

Hello sweet friends. Thanks for taking a few minutes to check out my shiny new blog. I know it is a bit dull at the moment but I will be working on that.

So, you may be wondering why I am starting a blog. There are three reasons really.

1) I l-o-v-e reading other blogs. I get so much inspiration from hearing about what other people are doing. My daily blog roll list covers a wide range of topics: baking, cooking, travel, fashion, design, healthy living, DIY, and on and on. I truly look forward to checking in with my favorite bloggers each morning before I start my day.

2) I have been thinking about starting a blog for a long time but just haven't found the right focus. Lately I have found a couple of healthy living blogs that have provided me with a lot of motivation. Considering my current goal of losing weight (again) and an all around healthier lifestyle, I thought this would be a great place for me to start. I am sure that the blog will change and expand over time. I hope you will come along for the ride.

3) The last reason is a totally selfish goal: accountability. I figured if I send out my blog to friends and family with the goal of updating daily (ish) about how I am reaching my fitness and health goals, I would be more likely to continue pursuing those goals. Even if no one actually reads my updates, the fact that someone could be reading them will (hopefully) be all the motivation I need. And the ultimate accountability will be to myself.

Check back soon for more updates. Thanks for accompanying me on this new journey!








No comments:

Post a Comment